Thursday, April 24, 2014

Words/Phrases I Hate

In honor of the day after Shakespeare's 450th birthday, I wanted to make a list of all the words and phrases I've come to hate throughout my lifetime. These words usually come from the internet or pop culture and they, unfortunately, have become a part of the average 25 years old's or younger vocabulary. Now yes, you can call me a hypocrite because I have used some of these words before, some of them I may have used today. However, some of these words/phrases I'll use ironically to make fun of the people who use them or I used them at some point in my life but later grew to despise them.

Also, do I think that you're unintelligent or uneducated if you use any of these words/phrases? Of course not!

Anyways, here's the list.

  1. Literally (#1 misused word of all time according to me, screw whatever webster's says)
  2. I can't even (Can't even.... what?)
  3. I am so done (Done with.... what??)
  4. Overrated (Oh you don't like something? So it MUST be overrated.....)
  5. YOLO (duh)
  6. Swag (duh)
  7. Twerk (Miley made me hate this word even more)
  8. Boo (Like dat's mah boo thing)
  9. Dat (Bastardization of That)
  10. u mad bro? (Old, overused, stupid)
  11. ILY (Is that hard to type "I love you"?)
  12. HBD ( Short for happy birthday... Come on man...)
  13. Hater (A word to call the people who are honest with you that you disagree with)
  14. Hipster (Another frequently misused term I think... honestly I'm not even sure what it means anymore)
  15. Ratchet (When used to describe someone)
  16. Hashtag (Okay I do use them, but I've grown to hate the sound of the word)
  17. Selfie (We come up for words for everything....)
  18. Blog (I used this word about 6 or 7 times today to tell people that I've made one, I'm sorry)
  19. Emoji (Again, I use em', but I hate the word)
  20. You's (Northern version of y'all)
NOTE: If I can think of anymore I'll add them later. 

Do you have words that make you cringe when you hear/say them? Post them in the comment section below! 


HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SHAKESPEARE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment